This 1920’s classic residence on a huge 1733m2 corner block in a prime Eastwood location, offers lashings of potential for the renovator/builder to transform back to its former glory where its grandeur and elegance can again shine.
An expansive residence with a floor plan that’ configuration could lend itself to versatile options; is complete three bedrooms, north-facing sunroom/4th bedroom, formal lounge, formal dining, large kitchen, casual meals area, one-bathroom, separate toilet, separate laundry, and upstairs library/attic with storage. There is also a single lock up garage onsite.
Ornate decorative ceilings that soar, hardwood timber floors, French doors to front entry, internal pillars, and original internal doors are some of the features that infuse the home with old-world grace and refinement.
The parklike grounds also could benefit from a makeover, and the original sand tennis court needs resurfacing; and there is masses of room for a custom-designed inground pool and alfresco entertaining area.
A tasteful renovation that highlights this home’s historical integrity and vintage is not hard for the creative eye to visualise…even ‘as is’, vacant and in need of restoration, this home has an imposing ambience upon entry, very dignified and stately. Close your eyes and you can almost hear the clinking of glasses and laughter from dinner parties held in days gone by…
Any improvements to the home and grounds will greatly add value and appeal, with no fear of overcapitalising. It’s the type of home with timeless grace and class that newer homes can never replicate.
The block itself can be subdivided into two, subject to council approval, adding even more possibilities and value. This truly is an exciting offering that will appeal on many levels to a variety of buyers.
Located just a short stroll to bus stop, Edna Hunt Sanctuary, and in close proximity to quality private and public schools, Eastwood Station, and approximately 17 kilometres north-west of Sydney CBD; the location is desirable and family-friendly.
Come inside and by captivated by 16 Cocos Avenue…be transported back to another time, whilst imagining the possibilities!
• Restore this grand home back to its original magnificence
• Large residence, circa 1920s, with refined vintage features
• Huge 1733m2 corner block, possibility to subdivide (stca)
• Elegant entrance, soaring decorative ceilings, original doors
• Timber floors, formal and informal living areas, attic/library
• Floor plan configuration lends itself to variety of scenarios
• Original sand tennis court onsite needs resurfacing
• Parklike grounds – perfect for a pool & alfresco terrace
• Located in close proximity to parks, transports, quality schools
• Prime location, cannot overcapitalise on a gracious restoration
• This is an exciting opportunity to make this home shine again!
OPEN TO INSPECT AT A TIME TO SUIT YOU